Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week's Recap

Monday was a holiday so Karen and I drove into Zanesville to take care of a bunch of "big city" errands. Speaking of driving (and I know many of you are paying more at the pump than we currently are!) our gas prices went from $3.24 to $3.59 overnight. I don't care where you are, a .35 per gallon jump is a shock...The sooner we put leadership in place that believes in energy independence, the sooner we can...ah, but don't get me started...we ARE in an election year. And for all our international readers, yes, I am very aware we STILL have some the CHEAPEST gasoline in the world.

Tuesday/Wednesday were routine days at MMS. I focused on video projects and candidate development.

Thursday/Friday Karen and I participated in an MMS sponsored marriage seminar.

Today, I'm in the shop to help a sister mission complete a digital presentation. They needed some production support that I was able to provide. I know what it's like to be under deadline and it's my pleasure to be able to help.

As it's still rather early on a Saturday, I stopped off at Burger King (right at the bottom of the hill from MMS) for a manly breakfast from their Value Menu: a cheesy sausage biscuit and a cheesy bacon wrap. The only consistency here is "cheesy." Ha. Actually, the REAL MANLY breakfasts in town are found over at JERRY'S Great American Restaurant. Order anything with SUPREME at the end and you're good to go...

I figure to hang out at MMS for a while to work on our next personal newsletter (coming soon to a mail box near you) and organize some support development details. Yes, 2012 is going to be a year of support development for us. It's time to do some traveling, talking, visiting, and reconnecting with all of you out there who are so faithfully giving and praying to keep us here.

Weather wise we're having snow flurries today...a last day or two of "winter" maybe? Birds are already starting to act and sound as if spring has arrived and my roses and several trees around here are already starting to bud...it's been an odd weather season. But then, it's probably been odd where ever you are as well.

Have a great weekend and we'll check back in, soon.

No comments: