Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Nine Days Until Departure For Rus Rus

Exciting Happenings in Rus Rus!
While I have my list out and am making my piles to pack for my own trip to Rus Rus, there are already very exciting things happening there! Carlos, our Director of Pastoral Ministries, has a team in Rus Rus right now doing VBS and ministering to the teens in the area. Last year when I was in Rus Rus the school building was very neglected and was not being used for lack of a teacher. It was pretty much a mess with animal dung on the floor and very much in disarray. BUT, this week it is being used to teach children about the God who loves them and created them! Here's a picture:

Carlos leads the 1st day of VBS.

I understand there is hope of a new teacher coming from the government this week to register children to start school. That would be a wonderful blessing for this village to have school for the children again! That is something we can be praying for.

Speaking of prayer requests, would you pray for the MAG team? Various of us are battling with different odd physical ailments as we go about our efforts to serve where God leads.

9 Days until Departure!

No comments: