Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Who Let The Dogs Out?

Tucker and Tanner dropped by our office this morning. Tucker took a short nap while Tanner hopped up to help me work with missionaries in Central America and Africa, and to field some emails from our headquarters in Ontario, Canada and Buffalo, NY.

Tanner takes control of GOMEX. 
Be wary of a Techno-Cocker with a mouse in his paw.

After pounding out the emails, Tanner and Tucker went for rides in their private elevator.

Cross-cultural Culinary Creativity: Ugandan Restaurant Menu Selections
One of our Global missionaries serves in Uganda. She recently shared menu selections from a restaurant whose staff is working very hard to attract English-speaking customers. Here are the selections:
Potato Wage
Pepper Stake
Banana Frutters
Sweat Potatoes
Claw Slaw Salad
Egg Sand Wish
Bonlles Beef Muchoomo

I think, all and all, the restaurant staff did a rather good job of it. I'd know exactly what I'd be ordering and wouldn't be afraid to order it. Okay, I'm a little unclear on the "muchoomo" part but I can't imagine how bad it would read if I ever tried to translate an English menu into a tribal dialect! I think everyone would probably choose to go hungry.

Thanks for your friendship, love, gifts, and prayers--Karen & Keith

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, You guys look great! Love your updates and will keep you in our prayers. Actually the Bonlles Beef
Muchoomo sounds delicious. God bless...all is fine in SoCal, Doug, our "little" son, got married
on 11/27 in Puerto Vallarta...perfect wedding...perfect location. Time is flying by quite rapidly, now!
So much more work to do here in this place and by the Grace of God, we'll get it done!
Aloha, Martha & Steve

Keith said...

You guys are such an encouragement to us. I think back to the days when Doug would roam around the dugout and the bleachers during the "Those Guys" days at the assorted soft ball fields. Good memories. Loved the pictures and FB updates on the Wedding of the Century! Peace, Love, and Jesus!

Catalyst4Missions said...

Glad the mutts are working hard! May all of you have a wonderful Christmas!!

Lynette Dodson said...

Hmmm, so many good selections - I think I'll have the Banana Frutters. And nice to see Tucker and Tanner are overseeing the work being done at GOMEX...

Keith said...

Thanks, Ellen! May you and the entire assembled staff at Catalyst be blessed this Christmas season and roll into 2016 under full head of steam. Thanks for being such an encouragement to us.

Keith said...

Hey Lynette, you know you always have a position here at GOMEX (under Cocker Spaniel Supervision of course) if you want it. I think I'll stick with the Apple Fritters here. But I trust you would enjoy the banana Frutters in Uganda.