Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Backyard Birds: February 2024 AND A PICTURE OF KAREN!

Some unusually nice weather enabled me to sneak outside Saturday to take some snapshots of birds who stopped by our backyard for a snack. As I looked over the past year of blog posts...I realized I haven't blogged bird photos since LAST February! 

It was nice to get reacquainted with my camera and our local, and transient, feather friends. Enjoy.

Northern Cardinal: Female

Northern Flicker: Male

Butterbutt: Female

Chickadee

Eastern Bluebird: Female

Northern Cardinal: Male

House Finch: Male

Titmouse

Butterbutt: Male

Pine Warbler

Eastern Bluebird: Male

As a quick update: Karen and I are doing well, there are so many exciting things going on at MMS Aviation, we're set to play ukulele's for church again next month, we're coaching three families raising support to serve, and none of this would be happening WITHOUT YOU!


Karen at her potting bench during a moment of early "spring." Karen likes her potting bench.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take all those bird pictures??

Keith said...

Yes I did. AND the photo of Karen! Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful photos of beautiful birds. Thanh you for sharing.

Keith said...

My pleasure. Lord willing another year won't pass before I post some additional bird shots. Thanks for being part of the big picture, so to speak.

Lynn said...

Truly great photos, Keith. Your photo of the Yellow-rumped Warbler shows perfectly where it gets its name! And nickname!

SoCal Ma said...

God showing off again with His incredible creation.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely subject! And the birds are nice too!
When are you both planning on going to MMS again?

Anonymous said...

I love your bird shots-all in your backyard?

Keith said...

Thanks, Lynn. Every now and then I get lucky, point the camera in the right direction, close my eyes, and click the shutter!

Keith said...

Thanks, Ma!

Everyone likes free food! Keeping my eyes on the sparrows though none selected for this post.

Keith said...

HA HA! Nice subject indeed. Not sure when we'll both be up again. I should be up there in April.

Keith said...

Yes, all these shots are taken in our backyard! Thanks for your kind words.

Shara Prindle said...

Always good to hear from you, even in pictures and emails, still number one :-)

Keith said...

Thanks, Shara.

Wish your shop was closer to Graham, NC. It's fun following you on FB.

Debbie Graham said...

You had lots of visitors Saturday.

Keith said...

Yes we did, Debbie. Thanks for continuing to visit our blog! This weekend the weather looks a bit less "springish."

Anonymous said...

Love those bird pics