Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Office Christmas Decoration and a Coping Mechanism

Since we shared our home Christmas tree in Saturday's post, I thought I'd share my office Christmas tree in this post as well as one way I cope with the realities of the Midwest winter.

Both my tree and my coping mechanism are in this picture. Can you find them?

If not, first look closely at my computer monitor. The desktop picture is a beach scene featuring a warm setting and a perfect wave. Staring at that in-between various computer tasks helps me deal with the view of snow and ice through the far window. I bet it's 85 degrees where the beach photo was taken. I wish it was 85 degrees here...

Second, check out the bookcase over my shoulder. The Christmas tree might be considered rather subtle so here's a close up.

There are six historical aircraft on this tiny tree!

Whether a big tree or a little tree, decorated with lights or historical airplanes, whether it's 85 degrees outside or somewhere below freezing, whether the waves are perfect or the ocean is totally flat, Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus Christ. Amen? Amen.