Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beautiful Weather and General Updates

We are having absolutely beautiful weather today. 68 degrees, blue sky, warm sun, the grass is turning green, the roses are starting to have buds on them, and all the bulbs that Karen planted last fall are well up and some have even flowered.

It's supposed to be 70 with rain tomorrow.
  • We're hoping to have nice weather this weekend so we can prune the bushes along the alley, the bushes on the north side of our porch, and the roses on the trellis. I also need to finish painting the framing on our garage door so the weather seal strip can be applied.
  • As the weather continues to improve, golfing becomes more of a desire and a priority. From the MMS parking lot I can see one of the fairways over at Hilltop Golf Course and there were golf carts and people moving around over there this afternoon. That's a good sign. I'm really ready for golf season and excited to go out and get back into the swing of things. Reading "Golf Isn't A Game of Perfect," "Every Shot Must Have A Purpose," and "The Greatest Game Ever Played," has mentally prepared me for a different type of golf season. I look forward to seeing how all the reading will affect my game.
  • Our house re-wiring project continues. The upstairs is done, the ground floor is done, and I'm thinking the basement is next in line. It is SO NICE to have lights and switches and outlets where we've needed them for six years but haven't had them. Ben & Kathy are doing a great job for us.
  • I've taught men's Sunday school for the past two weeks and will probably lead the class for three more weeks. I've excerpted the first three chapters of Grace Walk, by Steve McVey as our study guide and am facilitating discussion on Steve's main thoughts and observations. Grace Walk has been a very challenging and helpful book for me.
  • Lord willing, I'll be back on my bicycle and riding to the hangar again in April.
  • We're still very much enjoying having Bat-Enkh living with us for the month!!!!
  • Karen, Melissa, and Rashelle are going to sing a special song for worship this Sunday and I'll accompany them on drums.
  • Karen's getting ready to disciple another lady from church.
  • The dogs are enjoying the warmer weather, too and are scheduled to get their fur cut this Friday.
  • I'm scheduled to get my hair cut tonight by Karen! I always look forward to that.

No comments: