Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Microphone, New Video

When I entered my office at MMS this morning and sat down, I found myself in a pixel frame of mind and started throwing video clips together like a mad man. That led me to get my nifty new Audio-Technica AT2020, cardioide condeser, USB-powered microphone out of its box, set it up, and hook it into my computer. With that, and my handy-dandy "pop" filter, I embarked on a new video narration career.

I think you'll notice a difference from my last narration attempt (since removed from the blog and replaced to with a "re-mixed" version utilizing the new microphone). Oh man, it's like night and day using this mic as opposed to the previous mic. It pays to have the right tool for the job.

Anyway, I was a bit "out of the box" with my thinking as I worked with the clips and ended up scripting a rather non-traditional narration scheme.



I really like the microphone. It's totally easy to use and sounds great. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a great improvement! It is amazing what you can do with the right tools. Talk to you Saturday. Love Dad