Saturday, March 5, 2011

More Rain, Snow(?), and Video

I'd rather have 50 degrees and rain (like right now) instead of 32 degrees and rain which is more typical of our Coshocton winter. It does appear we're transitioning into spring though a snowy mix is predicted for tomorrow. The crocus and daffodil bulbs are starting to break ground and we are experiencing more rain than snow. We even had our first real thunderstorm earlier in the week.

We're also having our usual late winter/early spring flooding of low-lying areas. At this point, there's no threat to most of the county beyond the inconvenience of some rural roads being closed and flood-plain farmland getting wet. The Walhonding, Tuscarawas, and Muskingum rivers are all above their banks in various spots.

On the video front, I've made another attempt at narrating a video clip. The learning curve continues as I know nothing about recording audio beyond 1)you have to speak into a microphone and 2)I'd like a higher quality recording than is on the clip below. I did purchase a microphone specifically designed for recording through a computer (and a "pop" filter) which should arrive sometime next week.

I'm also researching and trying out various DVD authoring freeware in order to put the MMS videos on DVD's anyone can watch or share. The commercial software I used to use isn't compatible with Windows 7. I've had some luck with video production freeware before but so far am finding the DVD authoring choices to be either too limited in options but simple to operate, or very manual and rather complex to work with operational glitches. I won't go into all the details because I'm not that much of a geek...I just know what I'm looking for and haven't found it yet. There's got to be a happy medium somewhere. I'm not adverse to buying a commercial package, I just want to find the best package for the best value. I have my eye on a couple "free trial" downloads for the next level of exploration.

Besides, next week I need to be totally focused on writing, assembling, and editing the MMS April GroundCrew newsletter.

But all that to say here's the latest video from the MMS Aviation Video Production Department--(you may need to turn your volume up to understand what I'm saying and no, I wasn't standing in a box when I made the recording...)

3 comments:

Dwight and Rena Jarboe said...

Keep up the good work you've been doing on the videos and the MMS Blog. They provide very valuable information about MMS Aviation to the general public. You're being the vision while sharing MMS' vision.

Anonymous said...

I think you did an excellent job and this would be a great commercial for MMS. You could be the next Walter Cronkite of MMS Keep up the great work! Love Dad

Keith said...

Thanks,Dwight. Thanks, Dad. The encouragement is greatly appreciated.