Monday, December 21, 2009

Another Gray Day

This is the part of the year where the sun is a rare visitor. Overcast is rather constant over Coshocton from December through April. Everyone just lives kind of a depressingly gray, damp, wet, and cold life for the next four months. The constant is the clouds. The variables are temperature (cold or colder) and water form: winter haze, rain, snow, or ice. We're not forecast to really see much, if any, sun for the next ten days (and beyond).

Here's a summary of the weather forecast for the next week and a half: everyday temps fluxuating between the low 20's and 30's with: snow flurries, snow flurries, partly cloudy, mostly cloudy, rain showers, snow showers, snow flurries, snow showers, mostly cloudy, followed by more snow showers. I'm not sure of the finer points differentiating between snow flurries and snow showers...but I'm sure they do exist.

After the beautiful pictures of winter in Lancaster, PA (see previous posts) I thought I'd include the contrast of winter in Coshocton, OH.

Keith & Karen's front yard.

Keith & Karen's backyard.

Like I said: cold, dark, and damp.

On Vacation
We're actually on vacation his week. Karen spent the day in the basement doing laundry from our trip to PA and wrapping Christmas presents. Tanner and I drove around town taking care of pre-Christmas errands. Now everyone else is taking a nap (Tucker, Tanner, & Karen) while I pull this post together. Once I get this posted, I'll probably lay down for a bit as well. Hey, have a great day and if it's sunny where you are, ENJOY IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT BLOG! THANKS! LOVE DAD