Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Grandma Gets To Go Home!

Karen and I just returned from a trip to California where we gathered with family to celebrate the life of my grandma who passed away last week. She was 101 years old and very ready to leave this life for the next one. You may remember last year's post about her 100th birthday party.

Grandma was still on her own in her assisted living apartment right up to the last two weeks of her life. She finished well in a beautiful hospice setting and entered a Christ-filled eternity as she slept.

It's not hard for me to imagine she's already hard at work making beautiful drapes for all the windows in all the mansions Christ is building for those of us yet to arrive.


I have many wonderful memories of grandma that will have to hold me until I too get to go home. The joy and peace of knowing one's eternity is true security. We're only here for a short while and then...forever really begins.

There are two eternities, but only only one true God. There are many paths, but only one trail leads to Heaven--the trail blazed by Jesus Christ and marked with His blood. I beg you to seek His face, trust in faith, walk in His steps, and rest in His completed work. If you do, maybe Grandma will make you curtains too!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I would also expect that everyone is enjoying freshly baked Snickerdoodles while the drapes and curtains are being made....

Keith said...

Snickerdoodles INDEED!