Thursday, December 17, 2009

This Post Is For Aunt Betty

While in Southern California this past weekend, my Aunt Betty cornered me to let me know how tired she was of going to our blog and not finding any new posts...so Aunt Betty, THIS POST IS FOR YOU!

Actually, Aunt Betty is the sweetest person you'd ever want to meet, and how she ended up marrying my Uncle Kenny so long ago is beyond my understanding. It's beyond Uncle Kenny's understanding as well, but he does realize how blessed he is!

Keith Turns 53
Yep, I had a birthday yesterday. Number 53. Turning fifty was kind of weird, but 53? No sweat. It just means life on this earth is getting one year shorter for me which, in the light of eternity with Christ, isn't a bad thing...ever.

Here I am enjoying one of my favorite meals cooked by my beautiful bride especially for my birthday: meatloaf, cheesy potatoes, and peas. Can it get any better than that? I don't think so unless one tops it off with a cherry cheesecake!

Birthday dinner bonanza...

Cheesecake for dessert!

The cherry topping was added after I blew the decade candles out.

With the dogs sleeping contentedly in their nearby beds, Christmas carols playing quietly in the background, with only a few graham cracker crust granules left on our plates, and Karen and I gazing into each other's eyes...the evening was so wonderful I'd gladly turn 54 today just to relive it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you keith !! This was GREAT! love Dad

Rena said...

Great Birthday cake. Dwight loves pie cakes too. However, one year I made the mistake of putting candles in the freshly baked Apple pie. You guessed it - the candles melted!