Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spring in the Air?

There may be snow on the ground but spring is in the air....or at least in the tree in our back yard! The temperatures are below freezing this week and the ground is still pretty much covered with snow but as I have worked on the kitchen computer this week there have been a whole flock of Robins in the tree outside of the window! It makes me think that perhaps they know something we don't. Maybe spring is coming sooner than we think!

Looking at our tree from the upstairs window

For the last 3 years we have had robins come and build a nest and start their families on our front porch post. We've totally enjoyed watching them each year. By the looks of this tree I'm thinking those three generations have all come back to roost! Can you count how many robins in our tree? There are 16!

16 robins!

It's good God made birds with feathers they can fluff out because it's cold out there! I don't recall ever seeing such "puffy" robins. They are beautiful! I have to admit I had a small moment of feeling sorry for them and wanting to invite them in to get warm....it passed quickly as I thought that fully through...

"Puffy Robin"

It was an encouraging thing to see these creatures that make us think of spring weather. It was actually Ground Hog Day when I saw them the first time, right after Punxsutawney Phil said we'd have an early spring this year. Between he and the robins I'm beginning to feel convinced! We can always hope.

Keeping Watch For Spring

So keep an eye out! Spring is surely on it's way and most assuredly, we'll be ready.

No comments: