Monday, February 28, 2011

First Grill Session of 2011

Our weather's been rather unpredictable lately. Today the temps dropped 25 degrees in four hours. We had robust, nearly tropical thunder showers at 6AM this morning and by 10AM it was cold enough to snow...We had a frigid Saturday and a summer Sunday and our six inches of snow has mostly melted off.

Speaking of Saturday, Karen nominated me to be Head Cook that evening. After consulting the recipes and nutritional info I always keep nearby, I decided to prepare my bride a meal of The Perfect Food, and braved the elements to conduct the First Grill Session of 2011.

Karen caught me in action and documented the event.

Keith and his Grilling Associates.

Just another perfect evening at 368 McClain...

On a more missionary note, we've been blessed to host a volunteer in our home for the past week. Trevor is up from Texas to work with Bruce Wolff of Brigade Air. MMS is performing a complete inspection and restoration of a Cessna 172 donated to Brigade. Bruce and Trevor arrived last Tuesday and are preparing the airframe for paint. They may even try to get the airplane painted before they leave later this week.

I'm working on another video project at the shop. This time I'm trying to incorporate narration instead of having to enter type overlays on the various scenes. I'm also trying to incorporate a video overlay. Lord willing, I'll have that clip up in the next day or two. Beyond the video, I administered two apprentice performance reviews today and am organizing the details for a work team of students from LeTourneau University who are to volunteer in the hangar March 14-18.

Karen's back working 3 days at the mission this week.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

No comments: