Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Karen Did A Great Job: Work at MMS Continues

Karen's First Blog Post
Hey, don't you think Karen did a great job with her first blog posting? If you missed yesterday's report on our weekend in PA you need to scroll down and check it out. It was a great weekend, a great wedding, and Karen covered it all. She took the photos and she wrote the blog. Outstanding.


Note: I am still trying to remember the many other times we've danced together. I know we've done it, I just can't quite pull the specific time, place, and event details together yet...until I do, she just walks around with this "I am so right on this one" look. It's not a bad look. It's not like she's gloating...she's just confident. And me? I'm
over 50 so memory isn't exactly my strongest suit. She's a good gal. Maybe I'll just let her think she's right...

In The Hangar at MMS

It looks like the Chad 206 is in the home stretch. Both wing-tip fuel tanks have been fitted and the FAA is scheduled to inspect the plane later this month. The tanks still need to be painted and then installed, the airplane still needs to be test flown, and Dale's hard at work organizing the paperwork documenting the project. The general rule of thumb is, unless the paperwork weighs as much as the airplane, the paperwork isn't completed.

Here's a picture of David, Dale, and Gertjan discussing installation of the right tip tank.
The tanks are in the foreground of the picture.


Moody's 182 project continues to move forward. Now that the float restoration project is completed, Josh has moved over the start the wing repairs on the 182. Scott G. continues to work on the fuselage repairs.
Here's Josh fitting a new leading edge skin on the wing. He's inspecting
the internal fit of the new skin. The straps are used to pull the skin into place for a test fit.



The MAG 206 for Honduras is entering an important phase. Mike is actually down in Florida on Rapid Response doing some avionics work for Missionary Flights International. Scott L. and Chuck are keeping the project moving forward in Mike's absence.

On a completely different note, we are really enjoying some wonderful weather right now.
I thought I'd throw this last photo in free of charge. It shows the Kodiak (L)
and the Chad 206 project (R) together outside Hangar A just before
the Kodiak departed last Friday. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Ralph and Brenda said...

I remember that look very well---she IS gloating!

Anonymous said...

Ok so I missed Karen's first blog but I just read it and it is truly wonderful....sorry Karen that Tanner got to blog before you but you do a mighty fine job nonetheless. The pictures are great too. Whether it was your first or 41st dance, I am sure you cut a rug! Thanks for making me smile :-)

Anonymous said...

Tell Karen she did a great job. And as far as you dancing, I don't remember that being something done often ... even before Karen. Although you did actually wear a suit and tie and dance at my wedding!

Dean B. said...

Glad that all the projects are coming together nicely.


Oh...and Keith...I'm pretty sure that you are right about dancing before. Don't let Karen fool you. Thing is...I don't know of another time that you have danced either. lol

Karen said...

Lynette, it was YOUR wedding that he danced at! Ha! However, that was long before we knew each other. :o) Thanks for teaching him how to dance at your wedding so he'd be ready for me! LOL