Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back to Blogging

Hello Everyone!

Lord willing I haven't lost you over the past week of our blog break and you're checking in today as I'd said I'd be back on line!

Karen and I were blessed to enjoy the past week as guests of dear friends at their time share in Kitty Hawk, NC. Many of you may remember we were married on the Beach at Kitty Hawk back in August '02. It's always nice to go back there. This time we took our bikes which was a great way to explore and see the sights. Thanks Jack & Pat, and Jay& Rene!

From there we went up to PA for the wedding of one of Karen's nephews. They're going to make a great couple. He's a landscape engineer and she's a ballerina! It was a great wedding (outdoors, string quartet before the service, steel drum band during hors d'oeuvres, and a DJ during and after dinner. It's always so fun to get together with all the "kids" (and now their "kids") and be one of the "old" folks who still wear ties to weddings! HA! Josh, you're not an old folk even though you did wear a tie. Very stylish...

Steve & Cindy, thanks for letting us crash at your pad, feeding us, and putting up with Ralph and I while we talked politics!

On Memorial Day I drove back to Coshocton and Karen rode off to Georgia with her sister and niece. Karen will be down there through next Tuesday.

Tucker and Tanner did well during our absence and in the loving care and under the watchful eyes of their Uncle Tim and Aunt Michele. I'll soon assume cat sitting responsibilities at their house for a short time.

I returned home to find our roses in full bloom! Of course the camera is with Karen in Georgia so I don't have any pictures to share. I'll see what I can do to come up with some flower snapshots for tomorrow's post.

Thanks for checking in. Oh, here's a picture from the hangar today of Scott and Paul working on LAMP's Cessna 337. We're overhauling both engines (one of the front, one of the back) and inspecting the airframe.

Scott, Paul, and the front engine of the 337.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time! We missed you! Love Dad