Monday, May 11, 2009

My Dad Goes Shopping On The Internet

Karen and I had a good weekend. The weather was nice, the neighborhood was quiet, and we were able to accomplish several projects around the house, in the yard, and in the garage. Speaking of yard work, you may remember my lament about not being able to find Jalapeno flavored sunflower seeds to split and spit while I mow and work in the yard. Click here to read the related post.

In an unexpected response to that blog, one of the families at church delivered a bag of Jalapeno flavored sunflower seeds to me. They offered to pick-up additional bags for me as needed. It seems they drive past a store that sells them on the way to and from work in a different county. I was, and am blessed by their generosity. Thank you Troy and Michele!

My dad, out in California, tried to find the seeds in a store near him but wasn't able to do so. Being the internet savvy guy he is, he located a vendor that sold the seeds on-line and, without any warning, ordered some to be shipped to me.

Consequently, I was completely surprised to find a rather large box on our front porch from a candy supplier in California. I opened the big box and found two smaller BOXES of David's Jalapeno flavored sunflower seeds! That's twelve bags in a box for a total of 24 bags of sunflower seeds! That's a lot of sunflower seeds. When I called my Dad to thank him, he was as surprised I was as he thought he'd ordered two BAGS of seeds to be sent, not two BOXES...we had a good laugh and I hope you did too!

Here I am with my two boxes, 24 bags, of Jalapeno flavored sunflower seeds!

Eat. Spit. Be Happy.

No comments: