Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Rode My Bike To MMS And Survived

Bike Ride
The weather was so perfect yesterday I couldn't NOT ride my bike to MMS. It was the first time I'd really ridden my bike since July of last year when I went through those six weeks of leg pain after riding my bike up to the shop. No problems like that yesterday.

It was a really good ride.

Lord willing, I'll have my strength back and the weather will cooperate so I can ride again next week. Unfortunately it looks likes the temperatures are going to drop back into the cool range for a while. This time of the year I don't have any problem riding my bike when the air temp is 50+, but once it's below that...forget it. I'm still not over winter's chill. It was 60 degrees when I rode in yesterday morning.

Hardesty's Extended Auto Care
My little red car is over at Hardesty's. There'd been rumbling and grumbling noises coming from the front end for several days. The exhaust system had also been wheezing. The noises, and the fact that the left front fender was riding substantially lower over the tire than the right front fender, encouraged me to take the little '95 Aspire in for a check-up.

It's been a good little car though at 15 years old it's definitely at that point where we have to ask ourselves "do we put any more money into it?". In this case, if new exhaust, new struts, new springs, and troubleshooting the engine temp gauge can keep it on the road for an other two or three years...we'll still be ahead of the game compared to adding a monthly car payment to our budget in order to replace it now. Lord willing, we'll have the car back tomorrow.

I'm in Karen's car today as my legs, while allowing me to ride the bike yesterday, appreciate a break between rides. All variables permitting, I'll be back on my bicycle early next week.

Thanks for visiting our blog!

2 comments:

Rachel Ballou said...

I saw your picture by the bike this morning, and couldn't resist reading this post. It's amazing to see you are riding again after last years incident. Praise God for healing you!

Keith said...

Hey Rachel! Yes, there was a time last year when I wasn't sure if I was ever going to walk again, much less ride my bike! Praise the Lord indeed!