Friday, January 21, 2011

The Great Raisin Bread Experiment

We did get six inches of fresh snow out of the storm. It was a nice snow (again)! Light, easy to shovel and the snow plow even plowed our side of the street along the side of our house. It NEVER gets plowed. Well, almost never. I was so excited I ran out (and promptly slid down our embankment on my back) to give the snowplow driver a bag of cookies! The fall and slide to the street was the most "fun" I've had in the snow in a very long time. Karen was just hoping we weren't making a trip to the hospital. HA! I'm fine, the snow plow driver was pleased, and all is well with the world...

Plus (get ready, Karen was in the kitchen again) home made RAISIN BREAD! Karen's wanted to try baking raisin bread and the six inches of snow put her in such a wonderful mood I couldn't hold her back.

Karen works the raisins into the dough.

Raw raisin bread...

And now, a little video.



We're going to have it for breakfast tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks scrumptious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We wish we could be there! Love Dad

Dana said...

Did you roll it with cinnamon sugar in the middle? My mom made homemade raisin bread while I was growing up and she taught me how. My kids love it and it makes wonderful toast. Yum.. I just may have to make some tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Keith said...

Dad: Yes, it DOES look rather good...I'm sure you'd enjoy the snow as much as the toast.

Dana: Sugar? Hmm, we may have forgotten the sugar...I think we may have made diabetic bread...HA! Nothing a little of Dale's honey can't fix!

Karen said...

It was pretty good for not having made it before. The bread itself could use some sugar. Or, like you said Dana, maybe using sugar with the cinnamon in the "swirl" would work.