Thursday, November 20, 2008

Contrasts

In traveling, there are always contrasts. Before trains and planes, an overland trip from Coshocton,OH to Los Angeles, CA could have taken several months. Now, by aircraft it only takes several hours. This heightens the contrasts inherent in travel.

We'd like to share some photos of the contrasts in our recent weekend trip.

California

One of the locals surfing at Sunset Beach

75 degrees at 9:30 AM

Barefoot, short sleeves, short pants and a big smile.

And then...four hours later...

Ohio

Warm shoes, tall socks, long sleeves, jacket and a frigid grimace.

21 degrees at 7:30 AM

One of the locals hauling wood in Coshocton.

Now THAT's a contrast...

Thanks for your prayers.

4 comments:

The Leakey Family said...

I thought that surfer was you Keith at first glance, but then I read underneath! Hope you guys are doing well, and enjoying the winter. I have to admit, I wouldn't mind a little snow!

Keith said...

Hello Dan & Steph,

I would have very much liked it to be me in the photo! The conditions were perfect for an old guy like me to get back in the water but time, as well as equipment, was an issue. We'll be glad to send you as much snow as you'd like...

Anonymous said...

The pictures were great. I see that you are wearing your cap...glad to know it is helping to keep you warm.
Mom W.

Keith said...

Mom, I pretty much LIVE in that cap and am enjoying the longer model, on really cold days! It's 18 degrees outside right now.