Saturday, November 1, 2008

Painting and Sunday School Preparation

It took about six hours to prepare the lesson for tomorrow's men's Sunday school class. We're in a six part DVD series called Deeper Connections. This series focuses on six parables of Jesus. I'm filling in for Chuck tomorrow and am covering the third video discussion of the fifth lesson wrapping up the parable of the Wedding Banquet with verses 11-14. There's plenty to talk about in those four verses, let me tell you!

I did have a short break around 8 when Tanner walked me down to the Circle-K for a cup of coffee.

So, it was noon before I could even think about painting but by 3 this afternoon I'd prepped, taped, cut, and rolled the walls and ceiling of our basement landing. While the paint dries in 30 minutes, I won't be able to put the second coat on until 7:00 because of a four hour wait before re-coating. But by then it will be too dark to paint as there's no light on the landing.

So, tomorrow after church I'll re-cut and re-roll coat two. Once it dries I'll go ahead and get the first coat of accent color on the kitchen doorway, the side door, and all the wood trim. We going from pink (the color when we moved in) to Cottonwood. Trust me, Cottonwood looks a lot better...

The weather today was too warm to think about moving firewood.

Have a great day of worship tomorrow!

No comments: