Friday, January 30, 2009

Blue Sky Outside, Prepping the 182 for Paint Inside

With a fresh inch of snow on the ground today and flurries continuing on and off, tomorrow may be the first day in several where snow doesn't fall. But then there's supposedly a new storm building in the Gulf of Mexico that will swing north and then northeast crashing into the Jet Stream and by Monday we could be back in it all over again. We'll see. There are still many people in Coshocton County without power from the last storm. The snow was drifting with the strong winds we had. It was kind of nice to see some blue sky between the flurries.

Alaska or Ohio?

The Moody Aviation 182 restoration project continues to move ahead. With the new windscreen installed, the fuselage is getting taped and prepped for paint. The wings and control surfaces were painted earlier this month.

Scott tapes the 182 fuselage.

David removes paint from one of the 182's doors.

Latest Home Repair Project

On the home-front, it looks like I'll be out early for a men's breakfast and then return home to attempt a repair on our old-school, real wood, lift-it-up-by-raw-muscle-while-you-grunt style garage door. Trust me, they don't make them like THAT anymore! Praise the Lord I had my hernias fixed a year and a half ago.

The one top roller is 95% off the shaft in the rail and when it finally goes, the whole door comes down (like it did a week ago while I was under it but Tim arrived home across the street just as I was doing my "Atlas" impersonation under the door with nowhere to go but down and helped me reposition what was left of the roller back up in the rail). Of course you can't even order hardware for a door that old...but I have a plan...as crazy as it might be...I have a plan. We knew when we bought the house six years ago that the garage door needed to be replaced and, Lord willing, I can fix the door to the point that we can get several more weeks out of it.

Now, where did I put that duct tape?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I watched the whole thing!

chocolatechic said...

You can use JV weld on that if the duct tape doesn't work.

giggle...