Friday, January 9, 2009

Sandwiches, Service, Exercise and The Ultimate Meal

Karen and I enjoyed another day of serving together at MMS today.

My day started with a meeting with Dwight. Karen came in around ten after picking up the MMS mail. After my meeting with Dwight, I came up with a summary of yesterday's SMT meeting and transcribed the minutes from the meeting, handled emails, took photos, wrote the post for the MMS blog, and as the afternoon came to a close I dumped the trash, vacuumed the carpet and cleaned the restroom on the administrative floor. Fifteen years of experience as a school custodian prior to moving to Grass Valley and then Coshocton continues to pay off.

One thing I'm really missing is the exercise of riding my bike to the shop. Since the weather's too funky and cold to ride, I've committed to walking two miles with Tanner every day as soon as I get home (weather and schedule permitting). I didn't waste any time getting out there today as we're under a winter storm warning for the next 24 hours. An inch of snow is already on the ground.

Tanner and I head out for our walk in the falling snow.
He loves to eat the snow.

Dinner tonight is one of my favorite missionary meals in the whole world. Hot dogs. All beef. Is there any other kind? Over my many years of perfecting the art of hot dog dressing...I've recently come across a new combination that is working wonders for my palate. I cover the bottom of inside of the hot dog bun with Salad Dressing, slather the top with Wasabi mustard, nestle the hot dog in between the two and then cover it with a hot-pepper relish made by Cindy, one of Karen's freinds in PA. Oh man... is your mouth watering like mine?

Have a great weekend! We'll see how much snow is on the ground in the morning.

5 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I don't think we will get much more snow.

Keith said...

We'll see! I know Karen's hoping for more...

chocolatechic said...

Well, I just looked outside, now that it is light enough to see, and I think we might get an inch or so.

I pray that Superman is safe driving home tonight from Columbus.

Keith said...

And then, of course everything turns to rain...

Ralph and Brenda said...

I think you and Ralph must related!