Monday, March 8, 2010

Church Roller Skate Night

Sunday evening we had the fun of going to our church's roller skate night. I hadn't roller skated in 43 years, it hadn't been quite so long for Karen, but we strapped on the skates and went for it anyway. Every so often our church rents a skating rink for two hours and this was the first time we were able to take part in the activity. I lasted about an hour before I developed blisters and had to sit the last hour out.

Now that's one good looking couple!

That's okay. I didn't fall, or hurt myself, or pull anything (neither did Karen) so we felt the evening was a total success. And while Karen was skating away the second hour, I discovered the snack bar had a "special" of a hot dog and a small drink for $2.00! Oh man, pass the mustard. I had two specials in no time and even tried a "pickle-sicle" which were quite the hit with the pre-teens. A pickle-sicle (only 25 cents!) is pickle juice poured in an ice-cube tray then frozen with a small spoon in it so you can hold it like a little cube Popsicle. It wasn't bad when consumed in conjunction with a hot dog. I'd never heard of a pickle-sicle before. Have you?


Karen was pretty smooth on the hardwood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two did great! Was the pickle sicle sweet or sour? Love Dad

Keith said...

Hey, Dad. The pickle-sicle was totally sour. It was just straight, frozen, dill pickle juice.