Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spring Has Sprung......

You've probably heard the old saying, "spring has sprung, the grass is riz--I wonder where the flowers is?" Well, on this rare sunny day here in winter the saying is more like, "spring has sprung, the flowers riz--I wonder where the grass is?"


Today I found a few little yellow crocus starting to pop their heads up and bloom! If that doesn't make a Midwest gal smile after a long hard winter I don't know what would.

However, here is a picture of the back yard:

You can certainly start to see the grass showing but it sure hasn't "riz"! In fact, if you get real close, it hasn't even started to THINK about it.

Our little early crocus is blooming in a protected corner where the heater vents so it has some advantages. It will take some time before the other bulbs catch up with it. Now, I firmly believe that we will see more snow before this winter is over and I don't mind. I just make sure I pass by that corner every day and enjoy God's little yellow promise of spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great thinking! Love Dad