Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Deputation: Day Three

It was a absolutely perfect spring day. Blue sky, total sun, and a warm 62 degrees. They're predicting 66 for a high tomorrow. The way the grass is greening up, I may have to mow when we get back from PA. I still think we're due for one more heavy winter storm...

River Greens Golf Course opened today. Now THAT's good news!

Karen spent the day indoors doing laundry.

I spend the day indoors finalizing my PowerPoint presentations for this weekend's missions conference.

I think the presentations are done. I know I'M done... I now have new 10 and 20 minute presentations as well as a new 11 minute video clip collection ready to roll. At least they roll along just fine on my desktop at the shop. The challenge now is to test them out on the laptop. The fact that it took me nearly 16 hours to create 40 minutes of presentation boggles my mind. Now I need to practice, practice, practice to get the timing down and work on my transitional statements. And you thought missionaries just got up there and started talking! Well, maybe some do. For most of us though, it doesn't come natural.

We've printed up our portfolios, developed our promotional packets (complete with MMS key chains, pocket calendars, and wrench-pens), and are in the process of printing up additional copies our personal newsletter from November. Tomorrow we'll bind the portfolios, round up the display materials, test the laptop-projector-speaker connections and communications, and get ready to pack out of here on Friday.

I guess that's it for now. Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You both will do fine! Love Dad