Monday, June 29, 2009

Human Resources Update

It's been awhile since I've updated you on what's happening in my department. Here goes:

Candidate Evaluation
Last week I oversaw the in-hangar candidate evaluation of a couple from Tennessee, Richard and Ashley Whittemore. They did well throughout the evaluation process and we accepted them for service Friday. They've returned to Tennessee to complete raising their financial support.

Richard and Ashley Whittemore

With the acceptance of the Whittemores, MMS now has five families in the "approved candidate" category. I'm supervising three of those families as they raise their financial support. The two other families are raising support through other mission agencies.

As we look to the future, I have another couple scheduled for evaluation August 31-September 4. This couple, Jake & Cayton, are from northern California.

While I don't have any open applications at this time, I am working with fifteen people who are in various stages of considering application and with eight people who've made initial inquiries for information about the program.

This morning I was blessed to spend 90 minutes with a prospective candidate who came by for a tour and I'm scheduled for tour tomorrow evening with another prospective candidate. Friday Karen and I are scheduled to spend some time with a gentleman and his wife who are interested in exploring a long-term volunteer relationship with MMS.

Lord willing, I'll finish writing the copy and selecting the photos for MMS's August GroundCrew newsletter this week, will write the minutes from a meeting last week, and continue to handle the day-to-day administrative communication that arrives inside my computer.

Karen will be in the shop this week to give me a hand on Wednesday or Thursday as works out best with Friday being a holiday.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers and thanks for being so faithful in sending your gifts. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for you there. We praise the Lord for your commitment and ask that He would richly bless you in ways only He can.

May God receive the glory!

No comments: