Monday, January 11, 2010

Four Meetings...Full Day...Continued Tomorrow

Today was a day of meetings for me at MMS.

The morning started with a 90 minute group meeting featuring a presentation on missionary aviation brought by a researcher. It was an expert presentation and included information that will, I'm sure, lead to some additional discussions within MMS as it already is across the wider spectrum of mission aviation.

After that meeting I did have a few minutes to check and respond to some emails before my next meeting began with one of our staff who is focused on expanding their ministry team. We spent an enjoyable hour or so talking support raising concepts, related theology, personal convictions and comfort zones, presentation purpose and content, and nuance in increasing Christian community awareness of what God is doing at MMS.

The presentation ended at noon. That gave me time to eat lunch and prepare for our department head meeting at 1:00.

Bob, Tim, and I meet every Monday to coordinate departmental operations, problem solve, and brainstorm. This afternoon's meeting ran until 4:00 and we adjourned with the agreement to reconvene tomorrow morning as soon as it's appropriate. There's lots to talk about right now and it's exciting...but it's amazing how much energy and emotion is involved in the process.

Thanks for your prayers. I know Bob, Tim, and I can sure use them tomorrow as our meeting continues.

And, if you're curious, yes it's still cold out here...we've had a dusting of new snow today.

2 comments:

Kirsten (Nelson) Wagenius, SCSU '96 said...

How might I get in contact with Scott?

Keith said...

Hi Kirsten,

If you'll give a call at the mission 740-622-6848 or email me direct: admin@mmsaviation.org I have permission to provide contact info.

Keith