Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sun In The Morning, Rain In The Evening

It's amazing how much time it takes to update ministry presentation materials. I've been working at that for the past four days and there's still quite a bit more to do as I have yet to even start working with PowerPoint. I've pretty much spent all day today into this evening working on the computer updating our ministry portfolio. And now that I finally have our updated portfolios printing out, I thought I'd take some time to blog.

It was 23 and sunny this morning. Frosty. Not bad. 23's not all that cold when the sun's out. I made it out for my three mile walk with Tanner between 3:30 and 4:30 this afternoon which was good because the sun was gone and the rain had started by 5:00. It's supposed to rain through tomorrow. It's odd, but 41 degrees and rain can sometimes feel colder than 23 degrees and sun.

I also planned and scheduled our trip to Colorado next month to meet with one of the couples raising support to join MMS. We oriented them for service with MMS last April. It'll be good to see them again. Didn't do too bad on the air fare into Denver but we have to connect through Milwaukee. Rental cars in Denver are a lot more expensive than they are out of Orange County, California.

Karen cleaned the house today (and did a heck of a job I might add!). She then spent part of this evening working on contacts related to our not too distant trip to Pennsylvania, March 20-21, for the missions conference at Grace Church Willow Valley.

Karen's currently in her living room chair, covered in her fleece blanket, relaxing with a magazine with the kerosene heater about three feet from her elevated feet. She's earned a little down time.

As a praise, we already have two new monthly supporters! Wahoo!

We'll try to come up with some photos for tomorrow's post.

No comments: