Saturday, January 9, 2010

Karen Makes Bluberry Muffins, Keith Shovels Snow

Karen's Blueberry Muffins
We've already had quite a bit of comment on Facebook about the muffin situation here this morning so I thought I'd post some pictures of Karen making the previously mentioned muffins.

I am like totally blessed by a wife who loves to bake. When the temps drop below 30 degrees, Karen has this innate and nearly uncontrollable urge to bake. Cookies, muffins, bread, biscuits, coffee cake, pies, raspberry bars, lemon bars, it doesn't really matter as long as she's baking. Whch means it doesn't really matter as long as I'm eating what she's baking. We make a good team that way.

Thank you, God.

So this morning it was scratch-made blueberry muffins (25 degrees outside, five inches of snow, snow flurries in the air) and a tall cup of coffee for breakfast. Oh yeah.

Karen with the muffins ready to load into the oven.

Muffin perfection.

Keith Shovels Snow
After breakfast I went outside and shoveled snow for about an hour to clear our curb so we could park the car on asphalt instead of on snow and ice. The pictures aren't as exciting as the snapshots of the muffins but they do prove I do things around here other than just eat everything Karen bakes.

Finishing off on our mini-driveways.

This is just 1/4 of the curb I cleared.
Living on a corner has blessed us with a lot of curb.

So it's left over muffins for breakfast before church tomorrow and I shouldn't have to shovel any more snow until Monday! Have a great Sunday and thanks for checking in to our blog!

No comments: