Saturday, March 22, 2008

February and March, California and Ohio

So why am I sitting out here in the sun wearing short pants and short sleeves while Karen is back in Coshocton hunkered down inside watching snow fall? Let's see if I can answer that in 125 words or less. We left Ohio February 1st (February is THE worst winter month in Coshocton) and came to California to reconnect with friends and churches, share our ministry, build new relationships and seek new financial partners. It's pure coincidence that the trip happened to be scheduled in February...

At MMS, Karen and Rena are the two staff wives who receive, track, and receipt all the financial donations received by the mission. Rena covered for Karen in February but was to spend the month of March in India. As I can pretty much run the HR department from my laptop, it was much more critical for Karen to return to Ohio and to her duties at MMS. We felt it would be more beneficial in the long run for me to remain in Grass Valley to continue building relationships and sharing our ministry. Not only that, but I really would have hated to waste all this warm sun and blue sky.

So, Karen, bless her heart, returned home to our missionary mutts and the remaining Midwest winter, March 4th. I'm scheduled to head back to Ohio April 2nd. While I'm having a great time meeting new people and reconnecting with old friends out here, I greatly miss Karen and look forward to being together again very soon.

Please pray that this last full week in California will be filled with appointments that bring encouragement to those with whom I visit and will more importantly glorify the King of Kings.

Hmm, I used a few more than 125 words...

No comments: