Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's Been A Good Trip

Carpenter's Crew

This morning I had the privilege of sharing our ministry with the Carpenter's Crew Sunday School Class at Calvary Bible Church. It was a good group, they asked good questions, and they were very appreciative. I also learned that one member of the class, a pilot, is the son of a missionary who used to have MMS maintain his airplane! Is this a small world, or what? I praise the Lord for His making this special connection possible. And thank you Carpenter's Crew for making me feel so welcome. Have fun with the wrench pens...

Final Logistics

Now that my final speaking engagement of the trip is finished, it's time to start thinking about that final load of wash before I head back to Coshocton, Ohio. Yes, that final load of wash, cleaning the missionary house, preparing the borrowed car for return, making the last few phone calls, entering two months of donor contact data, organizing electronic files, returning library books, tracking contacts, logging expenses, trying to figure out how Karen packed so much of my stuff into only two suitcases, writing thank you notes, and realizing how hard I'm going to have to work to drop the twenty pounds I've loaded-on eating so many great meals provided by so may gracious hosts and gifted cooks. It's been tough, but somehow both Karen and I have survived.

As much as my jeans have shrunk around the waist, I've got a feeling that the sooner the Midwest weather allows me outside and back on my bicycle, the better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keith!! It is good to read your blog! you are totally "in" now :)! I have to say it was good to catch up with my brother on my first day of spring break! Thankyou for doing all the updates on my car!!! Seriously I never did any of that when I was driving it :S...(hey maybe that is why I do not have my car with me right this min.) haha, anyway looking forward to catching up with you through today's tech.! Hope you have a great day! Tell your doggies I say HII!! :)
Peace and love brother!
Sarah Newman