Saturday, March 22, 2008

Posting From Beneath California Pines

I'm actually posting from Grass Valley, in northern California. GV is located at about 2,500 feet elevation in the foothills of the High Sierra Mountains about halfway between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. The photo is of Calvary Bible Church, my home and sending church. I'm staying in Calvary's missionary house which, like everything else up here, is surrounded by 150 foot tall pine trees. It's going to be nearly 70 degrees under a clear blue sky today, tomorrow, and the next day. When I walk outside I'm washed in crisp mountain air, the aroma of pine trees swirls into my lungs, and that big beautiful ball of fire in the sky warms my skin. Karen says, "It's like going to church at camp." It's absolutely gorgeous up here.

However, Karen is back home in Coshocton. It's not gorgeous there right now. She and the dogs are still "enjoying" Ohio's wintery mix of rain and sleet and some snow. All the packed snow has melted, the flood waters are receding, and Karen has seen her first Robin, but from my perspective there are distinct advantages to spending February and March in California.

Yeehaw!

No comments: