Monday, March 31, 2008

In The Home Stretch

Two more days and, Lord willing, I'll be home in Coshocton. My flight is scheduled to depart Sacramento around noon on Wednesday and, after a layover in Minneapolis, I should arrive in Columbus, OH around 9:30 PM Eastern. Coshocton's about 70 miles NE of Columbus so we'll have a short drive to make once I collect my bags. Karen's going to meet me at the airport.

In preparation for departure, nearly all of my MMS office tasks are complete, I'm star
ting to move everything that's going home closer to the suitcases, all the house cleaning supplies have been located and, as you can tell from the photo, I'm falling back on about 17 years of professional janitorial and custodial experience to whip this place back into shape. Before I left California to begin mission service with MMS in 1997, my work days and work nights were spent ensuring that public school students had a clean and safe environment in which to learn.

We Are Thankful

Karen and I are very thankful for the opportunity to stay in the Calvary Bible Church missionary house this trip. It was a total blessing to unpack and to stay unpacked for two months. Prior to learning the missionary house was open, we'd anticipated staying with six different families over the course of our eight weeks in Grass Valley. Not that we would have minded the fellowship, but having our own place did help lower some of the stress of constantly being on the go.

Over the course of this trip we met individually with seventy-five people, presented our ministry at two churches, were interviewed by a missions representative of another church, shared with three Sunday school classes and four Bible studies, had multiple follow-up appointments, and chatted with many other folks in the course of our travels. Thank you for your prayers over the past two months. We believe God was glorified as people learned about MMS and grew to know us better.

I'm tired. It's a "good" tired, to be sure, but still tired and I'm ready to be home with Karen and the missionary mutts.

Well, I'd rather keep blogging, but I need to keep cleaning. Thanks for checking in!

No comments: