Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's Melting!

Welcome to a wonderful 54 degrees! Can you hear the snow and ice melting? Oh, the breeze is fresh and, at least for a couple days, winter is rushing down the storm drains...we should be back to our more traditional 20-30 degree temperature range next week. We'll certainly take that over the arctic experience we've enjoyed so far.

Today, Karen's up in Canton attending a Sheila Walsh seminar with ladies from church and I'm manning the homestead with the three dogs. I've spent the morning working on the computer, catching up on communication, Dave stopped by (Thanks for fixing my car, Dave. It's so wonderful having heat in it again!) and we had some man talk for a while, I shoveled some ice, returned the videos, and am staying busy with a couple small projects while waiting for a wood delivery. I'd hoped to have it delivered this morning but it looks like it should arrive this evening instead. In my perfect little world I would have had it all stacked and cleaned up before this evening, but that's not to be. I'll probably start stacking it tomorrow after church. But then, Karen can help!

Last week at MMS was a busy one. I had several meetings, Karen and I conducted a team change interview with Gertjan & Glenda (we'll interview Paul next week), I actually completed a couple document design projects that had been underway for a while, updated several forms, helped an associate with deputation plans, worked on recruiting, scheduled another candidate evaluation, and handled the usual load of emails, photo taking, and letter writing.

One of the meetings I had was with my Candidate Evaluation Team. We anticipate at least four candidate evaluations this year and it was a lot of fun to get everyone together to talk about our plans for 2009. Here'a snapshot of the team:

From left to right: Karen, meals; Cathy, social activities; yours truly;
Dana, housing; and Lisa, encouragement and support.

It only took these ladies an hour and a half to whip me into shape and straighten me out. We had a great time and accomplished much in our meeting. Our candidates are going to enjoy some of the best evaluations ever in 2009.

Thanks for helping make it all possible through your prayers and support.

2 comments:

Ralph and Brenda said...

Is that Lisa from Facebook? I like that--"Encouragement and Support". Don't you agree that's a perfect fit for her, Keith? I enjoy encouraging and supporting also.

Keith said...

Yes, it's the same Lisa. And you're both good encourager/supporters.