Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Woodsman

It was a full day at the shop today. I had my usual Monday morning department head meeting with Tim and Bob and then spent the rest of the day wrestling with my computer and all the document design projects that demand a keyboard, Microsoft, and a bunch of memory. With a SMT meeting on Thursday, trying to clear the desk for five days of vacation next week, and prepping for a candidate evaluation the first week of March, the day went fast.

As fast as it went, my day wasn't through when I left the mission. While I worked well into dark Saturday evening sorting and stacking wood, there was still a good selection that was too long or too mishapen to be stacked. So when I arrived home this afternoon, I changed clothes, hauled out my folding work benches, and borrowed Tim's chainsaw. THANKS TIM!

A couple hours later the wood was cut, trimmed, stacked and the debris clean up (or at least spread out to an acceptable degree).

Here are a couple snapshots Karen took from our deck. Notice all the snow has melted!

I was working along the side of the garage that faces the house.

Nice hat, eh? My mom knitted it!
Notice the complementing eye protection, ear protection and heavy gloves.

Ah, there's nothing like a little quality chainsaw time.

Thank again for making it possible, Tim!

No comments: