Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reading, Relaxation, and Jigsaw Puzzles

We had a much more relaxed day today. Karen and I ran errands in the morning (bank, post office, Wal-Mart, Big!Lots) and rested and read this afternoon. Karen's reading Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. I'm reading, The Greatest Game Ever Played, which is about the 1913 US Open golf match telling the stories of US amateur golfer Francis Ouimet and the English golfing great Harry Vardon. The book was made into a Disney movie of the same name a couple years ago. As golf season won't open here in central Ohio for at least another month, I'm getting my game in shape by reading about it. I also recently read Golf Isn't A Game of Perfect.

One of the things Karen and I enjoy doing during vacations is working on jigsaw puzzles. We started a new one Sunday afternoon and finished it up late Monday night. We've taken an interest in "shaped" puzzles that have an outline reflective of their subject matter.

Here's Karen after we'd spread the 750 pieces
out on the card table Sunday evening. (Notice the dog.
We saved two puzzle pieces from inside Tanner's mouth!)


The puzzle starts to take shape.

Finally finished late Monday night.

This is our second shaped airplane puzzle.
Our other one focuses on "famous flying machines."

Tomorrow I hope to get back to my basement workbench, rehang the pegboard, and finalize organizing my tools. Karen's going to work on closets and cupboards.

Thanks for checking in. We appreciate each one of you and are greatly appreciative of your gifts and prayers as we serve mission aviation around the world from right here in Coshocton, Ohio!

1 comment:

Ralph and Brenda said...

I remember the other plane puzzle. You brought it here when you came and we put it together again--lots of fun!