Friday, July 31, 2009

Moving Toward A Diagnosis

We went to see Dr. Miller yesterday. We had a good appointment and I received a thorough exam. Dr. Miller thinks my pain may be related to the hernias I had repaired three years ago. Specifically, the right side incision. Interesting. That's a whole new direction of investigation.

I'm scheduled for a second CT scan Monday afternoon . We should know more after that. Until then it's just lie here, take pain pills, sit when able, hobble as I can, and wait.

Dr. Miller also provided a 24 hour, time release, muscle relaxant. Oh my, now THAT'S a nifty little pill.

One of Oswald Chambers' My Utmost For His Highest devotions for this week is really resonating with me. It's for July 29th and is titled, "What Do You See In Clouds?" The theme is two-fold in that Oswald makes the connection that (1) clouds are always connected with God's presence and (2) that instead of trying to "learn" what we can in our trials, he says that what God really wants us to do is "un-learn" the things that have drawn between us and the childlike relationship with Him that He seeks and desires. Unlearn. Simplify. Remove. Release until childlike faith is regained. Amen.

Unlearn.

Dale, thanks for the bed "desk." Josh, thanks for mowing the yard. Dale & Debora and Josh & Kristi are two of the staff families Karen and I are privileged to serve with at MMS.

Today I'm feeling the most comortable that I've felt in the last two weeks. We greatly appreciate all your prayers.

Josh mows our yard.

No comments: