Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Much Need Rain, Much Needed Rest

We had some much needed rain today. I also had another much needed chiropractor's appointment. It's slow going. I'm scheduled to see our regular doctor tomorrow morning and discuss the coordinated effort (between her, the chiro, and our massage therapist) to hopefully get me back to MMS before the middle of August. We'll see what God has planned...

One of the things I know He does have planned, now that I have all this time, is for me to re-read several books that are very good for my spiritual health: Grace Walk, Steve McVey; Obedience, Andrew Murray; On Being A Servant of God, Warren Wiersbe; and The Great Omission, Dallas Willard. If I'm still down, I'll continue reading The Book On Leadership, John MacArthur. I have books spread out all over the house near all the beds and couches so no matter where I go down, I have a book within reach.

This whole situation has also provided a wonderful oppotunity to just sit quietly and spend time with Him!

I'm fulfilling my MMS office responsibilities as best I can by laptop and by phone, and taking pain pills, and resting.

It's not all that exciting, I'm afraid, but at this point that's pretty much the plan at least through the next week.

Thanks for your prayers. Karen's taking really good care of me!

No comments: