Thursday, June 12, 2008

Little Drummer Boy

I'm not exactly Ginger Baker, Charlie Watts or even Doug Clifford but I certainly give my all for Jesus every Sunday morning on the electronic drums at church. Does it look like I have fun? Way too much fun! Just ask Josh, our worship leader.

We just returned home from tonight's practice. I pound the drums, Karen (as in Karen my wife) sings, Josh sings, Helen plays the keyboards and Ben plays the guitar. Karen snapped this photo as Josh was turning out the lights and cutting power to the drums so I'd go home. Ha.

I'm afraid my "style"( if you'd call it that) does reflect more of a 1970's Rock component than a typical church cadence...I think I need more cymbals. Doesn't a drummer always need more cymbals?

Great knees, don't ya think?

1 comment:

chocolatechic said...

Keith, we all in the Chocolatechic house love your drumming, and they are desperately missed when you are gone.

Of course, I was a closet metal head growing up too.