Monday, June 30, 2008

Feeling Fine, FBC's Worship Team

Thanks again for your prayers that this latest round of vertigo would pass quickly. This one only lasted 36 yours. Praise the Lord I was able to play the drums for worship and teach men's Sunday School yesterday! By the time we left for church I was pretty much feeling myself, but I was fully back to normal by the time we finished worship. We're working our way through Acts in men's Sunday School. I led the discussion on Chapter 17 where Paul preaches in Thessalonica, Berea, and then Athens. In church, Pastor Chris is preaching and teaching through the Gospel of Luke.

In earlier blogs you've seen pictures of me on the drums and of Karen singing but you haven't seen the assembled Fresno Bible Church worship team. Here we are!
From left to right: Ben, guitar and vocals; Helen, keyboard/piano; Josh, worship leader, lead vocal, guitar, and congas; Melissa, vocals; Scott, harmonica and vocals; Karen, vocals; me, drums and egg; and Ben, our faithful sound and PowerPoint technician. We have a lot of fun making a joyful noise!

This Morning
I'll hop on my bicycle here in about 30 minutes to ride up to the hangar. This morning I'm leading a three hour seminar for the group on support development and blogging. This afternoon and tomorrow we have the pleasure of meeting with supporters of ours who've flown in from the Pacific Northwest.

And Friday we leave for England. I still need to blog about our upcoming trip!

3 comments:

chocolatechic said...

Yesterday's worship was wonderful.

Thanks so much for your faithfulness. I know that Superman loves SS.

Will be missing you both whilst you are in England.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about sending in a request for Veggie Tales to create a song about vertigo? Just a thought--"O, where is my hairbrush?"

Keith said...

Thanks, Chocolatechic,

We'll try not to start any international incidents whilst we're away. Glad to know Superman loves SS. We'll be thinking of everyone we've left behind while we're away and will be ready to be home for awhile after we return.