Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back In The Saddle At MMS

Well, it's like I was never away from the office though our new batch of MMS baseball caps did arrive while we were in England. Our hangars are still full of airplanes needing to be repaired, there are mechanics down there being prepared for mission service, and the hill leading up to the hangar is just as tall as it was before we left.

I was huffing and puffing by the time I pedaled my way to the top of the hill this morning and very thankful that David M. had opened the security gate so I wouldn't have to stop until I reached the main entrance to the hangar. The past three weeks of eating three healthy meals a day (with tea and biscuits for morning break and tea and cakes for afternoon break) made the ride up the hill a bit more of an exertion than I thought it would be. As I was peddling up the hill I kept checking to see if my rear tire was going flat. The real problem wasn't the rear tire, it was the "spare" tire I've taken to hauling around my middle. Ha. Thank you England. As Dwight says, "It helps to wear a loose shirt." Indeed.

Here's a picture of David M. working on the 206 for MAF Chad. He's installing a portion of the lower cowl after inspecting the nose gear assembly.

One exciting thing that we did miss by being in England was the Kodiak's visit to our facility. I'll blog more about the Kodiak tomorrow. Right now, I'm about to get ready for the pedal home. A major advantage of the ride home is that instead of taking me fifteen minutes to climb the hill, it only takes one minute for me to get to the bottom. Wahoo! Yes, I wear a helmet!

No comments: