Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Ride, The Interviews, The Plan For Tonight

The Ride
I really needed to ride my bike to the hangar today. I normally ride Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and I was looking forward to the ride as it was 24 degrees warmer this morning than it was yesterday. Since there'd been some talk about rain today I just checked radar as a matter of course at 6:15 and realized that if I didn't jump on my bicycle in the next five minutes, I was probably going to be soaking wet by the time I made it up to the hangar.

The 4.5 miles of flat ride went warm, well, and fast. It started to sprinkle as I began the 250 foot climb up Airport Road. I made it inside the hangar still relatively dry and twenty minutes later the downpour started. The downpour sounded a lot better from the inside of the hangar than it would have felt outside on my bicycle!

The Interviews
Our interviews with the consultation team from Mission Safety International went well today. Karen was interviewed for two hours and I was interviewed for three hours about safety related issues at MMS.

After that I took care of some recruiting, worked a bit more on a new brochure for MMS, and handled the phone calls that never seemed to stop this afternoon. Sometimes that phone can be more of an enemy than a friend when I'm trying to focus on a task. I also led a tour with local couple who stopped by to learn more about MMS.

The Plan for Tonight
Once we consume the chicken pot pies heating in the oven, Karen is going across the street to proctor a test for Tim and Michele and I'm off to prayer meeting and worship team practice.

No photos today, but we'll see about coming up with a couple for tomorrow!

No comments: