Thursday, August 14, 2008

Karen's Off to Pennsylvania

Karen pulled out of town this morning headed to Pennsylvania. She's going to spend time with her cousin, Tammy, and visit with her Aunt. Karen plans to drive back on Monday. That means it's just me and the dogs for the next four days.

But before Karen left she made up a tub or two of three-bean salad, baked a couple dozen chocolate chip cookies, replenished my supply of Raisin Bran Crunch, bought a fresh pack of hot dogs, packaged three lunches for me from left-overs, and made two pitchers of ice tea!

Is she a good woman or what? Am I blessed or what? She is a good woman and yes, I am totally blessed by having her as my wife!

As far as my schedule: tomorrow I'm at MMS. Tomorrow evening a fellow missionary is coming over to watch a surfing documentary. Saturday I plan to attempt a couple simple home repair projects (at least they're simple in concept--we'll see how they work out in practice) and yard work. Sunday is church and men's fellowship and Monday, Lord willing, I'll be back at MMS and Karen should be back home that evening. There you have it.

Somehow me and the dogs will struggle through the next few days. You can be sure we'll let you know how it's going. Thanks for checking in, keeping us in your prayers, and showering us with your love.


5 comments:

chocolatechic said...

You could also harvest some tomatoes.

Keith said...

That's true, I could, but they'd all be green. It's taking FOREVER for our few tomatoes to get red. My salsa anxiety is increasing over the prospects for the 2008-2009 homemade salsa season.

Ralph and Brenda said...

Yes, you are blessed and Karen is equally blessed by you. You're a good hubby!

Anonymous said...

Keith,

I take it Karen is back home but she really did leave you well-stocked; Praisey LORD for your good woman:)

Jan

Keith said...

Hello Jan,

Yep, Karen's home safe and sound and I like it that way. I'll soon finish off the batch of chocolate chip cookies she baked before leaving. She sure knows how to keep her man happy!