Monday, August 17, 2009

Four Days Without Pain Pills

Hey, I haven't needed a pain pill in four days! Praise the Lord! The exercises I'm doing that Travis recommended appear to be addressing the causative issue. While I'm still working at home and running the MMS HR Department from our dining room (as opposed to the bed upstairs like the 3 1/2 previous weeks) my endurance isn't quite up to what it should be. That, and the fact that I need to learn how to listen to my body and incorporate varied times of sitting, standing, walking, and lying down, is keeping me around the homestead a bit longer than I'd thought.

It was really nice to get outside twice today. Between projects and phone calls I was able to take Tanner for two walks around our block. Now that isn't all that far, but it is the farthest I've walked in the last four weeks. And all the walking was without pain. Wahoo!

Here we are heading out one of our two walks.
That's quite a hat, isn't it?

We're to check back with Travis tomorrow evening and then maybe return to his fitness facility for a follow-up later this week.

It's wonderful to be able to walk.

Thanks for your prayers, and cards, and concerns. It looks like we're making a little bit more improvement every day.

Lord willing, and weather permitting, I'll be up at MMS for a short time tomorrow to take pictures of the test flight of Cessna 182 the guys have just finished restoring.

Karen's doing fine and is thankful she's no longer in charge of 24-hour patient care! Me too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look just wonderful being vertical. Your stamina will come! Give it time. Love Dad