Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Working from Home

Today is a good day in relation to lowered pain and increased mobility. Though I'm still not able to return to the mission, I was able to sit at my desk downstairs for a couple hours and work on some ministry projects. It felt good to sit. It feels good to walk instead of hobble.

Lord willing, we'll move toward a diagnosis once the results of the scan are in tomorrow.

No problem with the scan. Man, it feels so weird when they IV that dye into your blood. It was like an intense "warmth" that spread in seconds throughout my body starting from my mouth all the way to my toes. I could feel it "bounce" off the inside of my skin and reflect back like ripples of water on the surface of a calm pond. Our circulation system is rather amazing in design and function. It's so totally God.

The bright hospital lighting; the humming and whirring and clicking of the donut-shaped scanner as its internal mechanism spins up to speed; the robotic "breathe, hold your breath, breathe" instructions from the machine's sound system; coupled with the smooth, silent back and forth motion of the scan table through the donut's hole...you've been there right? If not, it's always something to look forward to.

The barium "smoothies" I had to drink prior to the scan weren't all that bad. Raspberry flavor.
Yum.

With that behind me (yesterday) and the results before me (tomorrow), after a morning downstairs, I'm now back in my temporary"office" upstairs. It's not fancy, but it does allow me to keep my hand in the game.

Here I am in my "home office."

Karen designed and fabricated the handy-dandy laptop sling that allows me to work from the horizontal position. She is an amazing woman.

Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers as we take this one day at a time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen is amazing and so are you! Good to see you smiling! Love Dad