Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Salsa Special Day: Batch 2

Even if I'm not quite up to pounding peppers, the salsa harvest and production must go on. While I'm doing well and am not in pain, I have learned that my healing (retraining the weak muscle on my backside while allowing the muscles on the front of my leg to repair themselves) is going to take time. I need to carefully monitor my body and listen to it. I've tried to balance my sitting with my walking and my resting. This is uncharted territory and we're learning as we go. So far, so good. Every day is a new day and I'm approaching things as such. But with ripe tomatoes on the vine, Sandy, a good friend of ours (herb expert and former master gardener) volunteered to assist Karen with preparing this latest batch of Karen's Side Street Salsa.

Thanks, Sandy. We couldn't have done it without you.

Sandy was the head pepper chopper.

Bell, Banana, Hungarian, and Jalapeno peppers waiting for the chop block.

Karen peels tomatoes.

Karen slices and dices tomatoes.

Tucker and Tanner closely supervise the action.

Loading the first set of jars.

The complete 2009 Batch #2.

OH YEAH...

No comments: