Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Better Finish Than Start

Today finished much better than it started. My day started pre-dawn with a stack of receipts on my right and Federal Tax Form 1040, Schedule C, and Schedule SE on my left. Jolly. It seemed as if the sun would never rise. It was a battle between my brain, IRS written instructions, too many numbers and a calculator that was smarter than my fingers.

Mid-day was a mental blur but this
afternoon...our day brightened when we were blessed by a surprise visit by close friends and ministry teammates, Doug and Colleen. Doug & Colleen were returning to Pennsylvania from an extended RV trip through the South. This was their first trip through Coshocton and we're really thankful they chose to stop in. We caught up with each other's lives, enjoyed a spaghetti meal together, toured MMS, and returned home to settle in with ice cream to close out the evening.

What a contrast between my AM and PM. Ice cream and friends are so much better than the IRS and daylight nightmares.


No comments: