Monday, April 21, 2008

First Bike Ride

Some people mark the arrival of spring by the bloom of a specific flower or by sighting the first Robin. Others by raising the storm windows and setting the screens in place. One of the ways we mark Spring's arrival is by going on our first bike ride around the neighborhood.

We had rain Saturday night and Sunday morning but Sunday afternoon the sky was clear, the sun was warm, and Karen and I looked at each other and said, "Bike Ride!" Here it is nearly May and the weather's just finally warm enough to enjoy pedaling around without a parka .

So we changed into some comfortable clothes, gave the dogs a "we'll be back later" biscuit, and went out to the garage to get the bikes down. No problem with my bike. Karen's, however, had a
flat rear tire. The air leaked out as fast as our little compressor pumped it in.

After a brief discussion of our options, I grabbed the spare tire tube from my equipment pack
and made an immediate replacement. Then we were off on a very enjoyable ride across the railroad tracks, up the small hill, and around the high school working our way home through random streets and side roads.

We wish you could have come along with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We wish we could have come along too! I think Josh and I will have to invest in some bicycles soon...I think Ethan would like that :)