Wednesday, April 30, 2008

FBC Men's Quintet: Making a Joyful Noise

While I'm nowhere near the singer that Karen is, I do enjoy making a joyful noise to the Lord. I'm more enthusiastic than polished, more free-style than trained, and though I can't tell you what note I'm singing I'll try my hardest to hit it (once someone shows me the line I'm supposed to sing).

All that said, I'm now part of the newly formed Men's Quintet Choir at Fresno Bible Church. We just had our first real practice last night and began working on three songs. We have a tenor, two bases, an alto, and they let me sing melody with one of our young adults whose job it is to keep me out of harmonial trouble. Is "harmonial" a word? Spell-check doesn't think so...If not, it should be. Maybe I should just say his job is to keep me on key.

Please pray for Helen, our director, as she shapes and molds us into one voice. I'll try and have some photos of us in next week's blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The correct word is "HARMONICS", Keith! LOL!