Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's Handy Having a Handy Wife

I am totally blessed by Karen's being handy.

Not only does she wash windows--she repairs them. Guys, is that too cool or what? She's amazing when it comes to home repair, maintenance, and management. I'm not handy at all. Oh, I can paint and I can mow and I can trim roses...but when it comes to home repair projects my approach is to pray and walk away.
My level of contentment equals my level of ability. If I can't fix it, I learn to be content with it as it is.

Not so with my Sweetie-Pie. She's not afraid to tackle a task she's never attempted before and to learn as she goes. The photo is of Karen repairing the windows in our bedroom. She'd already repaired the living room and dining room windows. The windows were difficult to open and/or wouldn't stay open because the counterbalance weight & rope assemblies needed repair and replacement. So she grabbed her tools, opened the window frames, and made several trips to the hardware store. She's even adjusting the window tracking so they don't rattle when the wind blows anymore.

I'm astounded. Not that she can do it, as after five years of marriage I know she can do anything she sets her mind to do, I'm astounded that God chose to bring her into my life so it'd be my windows she'd ultimately fix.

Amen? Amen!

2 comments:

Ralph and Brenda said...

AMEN, brother(in-law)!!! I, her sister, taught her everything she knows, although I don't seem to remember windows...

Karen said...

Sis, you certainly taught me how to be daring in trying new things! Dad taught us well... :o)Or is it genetic???